The Blair Castle International Horse Trials 2023
This is Scotland’s leading equestrian event and runs alongside the Bruadar Country Fair, with its 200 or so stalls, food outlets, entertainment and the wonderful surroundings of the Blair Castle estate. It attracts more than 40,000 visitors to the wonderful surroundings of the Blair Castle estate in Perthshire every year, so this year do it in comfort and style with one of our fleet of RVs or take a look at the other horse trialing events we cover.
Where to Stay – Blair Castle Horse Trials
There is a large selection of lodgings in the local area, from campsites, to bed-and-breakfasts, to guesthouses and hotels. Many are booked up a year in advance, so you need to be quick to avoid disappointment. For ease, we’ve included information below, or you could…
Stay in an American Motorhome or RV
If you want to stay close to the action, we rent out motorhomes and American RVs every year at Blair Castle International Horse Trials and will travel up to Scotland to deliver them on your behalf. Whenever you arrive, your vehicle will be ready and waiting – fridge and cupboards stocked and services all connected. It really is a lavish and hassle-free alternative to traditional guesthouses or campsites.
Situated within simple walking range of the Blair Castle estate, we offer an all-inclusive service, providing 24-hour support throughout your stay. Our units come outfitted with bed linen, towels, kitchen equipment, TV/DVD systems, and all you need for a weekend living the high life in the Scottish countryside. We can stock your cupboards on request and offer all customers a complimentary welcome package, including tea, coffee, sugar, milk and other essentials. Sleeping between 2 and 10 people, our vehicles are the absolute height of luxury living and are all yours throughout the entire duration of your stay (arrival and departure times are flexible to suit your timetable).
- Parking space included
- Fully prepared winnebago hire – including bedding, cutlery and crockery and all service and site fees
- Units are heated and/or air-conditioned and come with hot and cold water on tap
- Pre-stay shop (arrive to find your cupboards and fridge fully loaded)
- Satellite TV, DVD, music player
- 24hr support from our team on-site
Please contact us for more details or to make a booking and don’t forget to include your phone number if you would like us to call you back
Blair Castle Hotels
Some of the recommended hotels in the area include:
- Tigh Na Cloich Pitlochry Hotel
- Eco-friendly Park Hotel, Pitlochry
- Old Mill Lodge
- Craigvrack Resort, Pitlochry
- Moulin Resort
- Bankfoot Inn
- Atholl Arms Resort, Blair Atholl
Just a short walk (5 minutes) away from the action, the event campsite is a cheap and easy option for anyone looking for simple accommodation. With security, shower facilities, toilets, waste disposal and a washing-up area, this facility is available to riders and spectators alike, and accommodates horse boxes, caravans, tents and motorhomes. Pitch can be purchased along with admission tickets, are available until the Monday after the event and come with one vehicle pass included.
What else can I experience while at the Blair Castle International Horse Trials?
From Scottish castles to highland parks and whisky distilleries, this part of Scotland has all sorts to offer. Blair Castle gates open at 8.30am, other than on Sunday when they open from 8am till late.
- Walk the Course: Register in advance and join the riders on an official course walk, listening to an insider’s view on what’s required to take home the trophy
- Food and Drink: You will find a wide variety of different food stalls, bars and restaurants dotted throughout the state, as well as in the nearby villages and towns of Blair Atholl, Killiecrankie and Pitlochry.
- Pets: Dogs welcome but should be kept on leads.
This is a beautiful part of the country and a great area for sightseeing. While you’re here, why not visit the following:
- Blair Atholl Distillery
- The salmon ladder at Pitlochry
- Blair Atholl Country Life Gallery
- House of Bruar
- Scenic Loch Faskally
- The Famous Grouse Experience near Crieff
- Watch the salmon jumping the Buchanty Falls
- Golf – Make time either side of the event for 18 holes at nearby Blair Atholl Golf Club or Pitlochry Golf Links. Please note: tee times must be booked well in advance.
Facilities provided include wheel chair access and reserved seating areas.
Travelling to Blair Castle International Horse Trials
Atholl Estates Office
Perthshire PH18 5TH
Telephone: +44 1796 481543
Travelling to Blair Castle by Road?
Blair Castle is situated off the A9 at Blair Atholl, around 35 miles (56km) north of Perth and 22 miles west of Dundee. Take the A9 north from Perth, heading for Pitlochry, then follow signs for Blair Atholl. From here you will find signposts all the way to the event venue. Car parking, although usually complimentary for castle visitors, costs between £3 and £5 per day throughout the event.
Bought Tickets in Advance?
Those purchasing tickets ahead of time will receive directions to the event along with their tickets and vehicle passes.
Buying Tickets on the Day?
For visitors who will be buying tickets at the gate please, please use the directions above, and follow the instructions of staff located in the vicinity. They will be able to provide directions towards the closest available parking.
Travelling by Plane?
The closest airports are Perth, Dundee and Edinburgh. Please check schedules for more information.
Travelling by Rail?
Disembark at Blair Atholl Station and follow signs along the main road through town to the castle gates.
Travelling by Coach?
Coach services are available from Perth, Edinburgh, Inverness and Glasgow.
And if we can help you with our motorhome or RV rental for Blair Castle International Horse Trials or any other equestrian event please do get in touch with our friendly staff